When your sinuses become inflamed or clogged, breathing through your nose becomes a whole ordeal. Your face will suddenly feel heavy, you might experience headaches, and your eyes may feel swollen and tender.
Sounds unpleasant, doesn’t it? This is a common complaint among patients who drop by to get emergency care in Ohio. There is no specific method to avoid sinus problems. Even the mildest of irritations can lead to a painfully clogged nose.
But don’t worry, because Family Urgent Care is here to give out a few tips on how you can soothe your irritated and clogged sinuses. Take a look:
- Keep your head slightly elevated when resting or going to bed.
- Taking long, warm showers or breathing in the steam from a pot of warm water.
- Opening your nasal passages by placing a warm, wet towel on your face.
- Using menthol rubs or menthol lozenges to soothe the discomfort.
- Prevent your nasal passages from drying out by using a nasal saline spray.
Unfortunately, there is no known cure for nasal pressure, but there are some things you can do to relieve your discomfort.
We hope these suggestions work for you. If you feel like your sinus problems don’t seem to go away, feel free to drop by our walk-in clinic to get it checked out.